Health and Safety Policy
BCRM shall provide, so far as is reasonable practicable, a safe and healthy working environment in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and all other relevant associated legislation and other requirements to which BCRM subscribes.
The responsibility for health, safety and welfare within BCRM is placed upon the Board. At the heart of this commitment to health and safety are the seven core safety principles that all BCRM employees shall embrace and which will facilitate this commitment to continual improvement of health and safety performance. These are:
- all injuries can be prevented;
- all operating exposures can be safeguarded;
- employee involvement is essential;
- management is responsible for preventing injuries;
- prevention of personal injury is good business sense;
- training employees to work safely is essential;
- working safely and contributing to safety improvements is a condition of employment.
The Board, through the various business streams and line management, shall ensure that directors, managers, and employees on BCRM premises fulfil these commitments by:
- conducting and maintaining risk assessments and safe systems of work;
- effective management of health and safety;
- ensuring that arrangements and resources exist to support this policy;
- pursuing the deployment of the BCRM safety strategy and the goal of zero injuries;
- recognising the risks inherent in a consultancy and service management organisation;
- working towards meeting the requirements of OHSAS 18001, the Health and Safety Management specification
BCRM shall continue to invest in health and safety improvements on a progressive basis, setting objectives and targets in our annual health and safety programmes.
BCRM shall engage with, and involve, all employees in creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
This policy is issued, reviewed at least annually and maintained by the Health and Safety Manager, who also provides advice and guidance on its implementation and ensures compliance
All BCRM employees shall comply with this policy.
David Lilburn Watson
Dated: 1 January 2017